Sunday, August 14, 2011

cake tattoos

Hey everyone,

Bought some cupcake tattoos last week as requested by some of my readers.  First time using them and i have to say, they're super easy!   there are tons of brands out there but i got the Duff/Charm City Cakes brand one because it was the only one they had at michaels; but you can find them online

 
First step peel it off
 next step put it on your icing of choice: i used fondant.  After it stuck on there use a cutter to cut any shape out or just leave it on the sides of your cake
 that's how easy it is, perfect edible topper :)
 i had some friends over so i decided to monogram them as well with some leftover fondant i had
 Here's how they came out :)

 as always, let me know what you think :)
 

10 comments:

  1. They look so cute. Was there a taste to them?
    Tess :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well those are cool! I have never seen anything like that. :) Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! Good question--what do they taste like?

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow this is kewl.
    I will be honored if you will add this project in our weekly linking party every Wednesdays at
    http://www.passionatelyartistic.com/2011/08/my-inner-baker-with-linking-party.html
    Have a great week,
    Maggie
    http://passionatelyartistic.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh love the look!! So cool how that works! Thanks so much for linking up to Handmade Tuesdays @ Ladybug Blessings. www.ladybug-blessings.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute. So are they transfer sheets?

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea. Makes things a little simpler to do too! I've been enjoying your blog, and so I've decided to award you with the Versatile Blogger Award. Hope you'll come and grab it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My sister and I tried Duff's Cake Tattoo's and followed the directions to a T and they didn't work! :( You would go and try to peel them off and they would just fall apart!!

    Glad you had better luck with them then we did!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have these tattoos too! But I haven't had the chance to use them yet. I LOVE how you added the monograms...that's a really nice touch!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the look of cake tattoos. The first time I had ever heard of cake tattoos was last month when I attended a baby shower for a good friend of mine. At this party they had some of the cutest cupcakes I had ever seen. I asked my friend how they did all the cute decorations on the cupcakes and she said that she order custom cake tattoos online. I will definitely be doing that for my next party. Thanks for sharing your experience.

    ReplyDelete

let me know what you think :)