Tuesday, July 5, 2011

quick and easy s'mores bars!



Here's what you'll need:
1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker® sugar cookie mix
1 cup graham cracker crumbs
1 cup butter or margarine, melted
3 cups milk chocolate chips (18 oz)
4 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows 



Heat oven to 375°F. In large bowl, stir together cookie mix and crumbs. Stir in melted butter until soft dough forms. Press into ungreased 13x9-inch pan.  your dough should look like this:

once the dough is pressed into the pan, you're ready to pop it in the oven.  bake for 18 to 20 minutes
as soon as you pull the crust out of the oven, immediately sprinkle chocolate chips over crust. Let stand 3 to 5 minutes or until chocolate begins to melt. Spread chocolate evenly over crust.  When it looks like this, you're ready for marshmallows:
Spread your 4.5 cups of marshmallows evenly over the surface.  once you've done that set your oven control to broil and pop it back in.  Broil the marshmallows for about 30 seconds, but keep an eye on them because marshmallows cook super fast!  i love mine golden but if you dont, take them out after 20 seconds


let them cool for 10 minutes and cut them into little bars.  they taste great warm so don't cool them too long ;)
this recipe makes about 24 servings.  I actually found this recipe on the back of the sugar cookie mix and thought i'd give it a try, it was really easy :)  next time i might just make the sugar cookies as listed on the bag but that's jut because i live for cookies!

we enjoyed these on 4th of july after a long day in the pool:

chloe was terrified!  even holding her in the water wasnt working
my love and me
my brother trying to calm chloe down....that wasnt working either haha

let me know what you think and be sure to link back in your comments so i can visit back :)

28 comments:

  1. I love all things smores!

    I'm your newest follower from Welcome Wednesday!

    Would love if you could stop by and follow me back!

    http://fuegitabonita.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This recipe looks so good. I would love it if you came over to my party "Cast Party Wednesday" tomorrow and shared some of your recipes with us.
    Thanks,
    I hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum, these look great! I will have to try and make them my girls will LOVE them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just made these for 4th of July, but I only made a regular graham cracker crust and they all fell apart - I think your crust will stay together better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. mmmmm...that looks so yummy! I was wondering what to do with the leftovers from making s'mores on the 4th. I'm definitely going to make this! thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooh, so good, I just "pinned" these, visiting from Cast Party :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy Smokes! Those look sooooo good! I am very tempted to make myself some for breakfast. Ha ha. I found your blog on the "Whatever Goes Wednesday" party. I am a new follower here.
    Stephanie
    mylilpumpkinpatch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yummy! These look delicious! I made a S'more Snack Mix for the 4th of July. (http://btanders.blogspot.com/2011/07/patriotic-smore-snack-mix.html). I will have to try these bars at our next gathering. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jaclyn -

    These look so yummy and so easy to do. Thanks for sharing this recipe. I'll be trying this soon!

    Cheers,
    Tracy Screaming Sardine

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks so easy! This is the 4th smores recipe I've read about today. Must be on everyone's mind. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi there! I'm stopping by for the blog hop.

    Those look so good! I may have to make some...

    Hope you'll stop by www.giveawaycorner.com when you have a minute. We're giving away a $50 PF Changs gift card today!

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those bars sound so yummy and decadent! What's not to love with smores? I wanted to invite you to come over and share your recipe at These Chicks Cooked Recipe Spotlight today. Have a great day :)

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks soooo good. I would love it if you stopped by tomorrow for "Turning the Table Thursday" to share some of your recipes with us. (link opens at midnight EST on Weds)

    Thanks,
    I hope to see you there!

    Wendy
    Around My Family Table

    ReplyDelete
  14. These look fabulous! I have a new recipe to try. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love anything of the smores variety. Great idea! My dog is also terrified of the pool, she claws at us to get out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. too
    delish!
    love it! xo
    malia

    ReplyDelete
  17. YUMMY! Thank you so much!! I'm a tryin' this one ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. yum! will definitely give these a go!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh these truly look divine!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Mmm, all that marshmallow and chocolate goodness makes me hungry. I have a sweet treat linky party going on at my blog and I'd love it if you'd come by and link your s'mores bars up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2011/07/sweets-for-saturday-25.html

    ReplyDelete
  21. I just made these! They smell great... but be weary... any more than 20 seconds (including 21 seconds!) under the broiler and they WILL burn. Agh!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Mmmm....they look so delicious! I make a version of a s'more bar, but without the sugar cookie mix. I have a hunch I'd like your version better! I'm going to have to put the two recipes together and see how their s'more offspring turns out!

    Such a pleasure to have you be a part of "A Little Birdie Told Me..." at Rook No. 17!

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi, I just wanted to thank you for visiting Cast Party Wednesday and I hope you join me again tomorrow and share more of your great recipes!
    Thanks,
    I hope to see you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi, I am a new follower from boost my friends friday hop.That recipe looks great and I am so jealous you guys are in summer! I'm from Sdyney Australia, and its winter:( So cold!! Would love for you to swing by my blog, I am currently having a recipe exchange so please add a recipe, either this one or another, it doens't matter:)

    ReplyDelete
  25. PS. Aussie marshmallows are better than American ones!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  26. These look amazing! Can't wait to try them. Following now from welcome Wednesday. I'd love if you follow back.

    Jessica
    http://lifeunexpectedadventuresofsahm.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

let me know what you think :)