Thursday, June 9, 2011

Antique candy dish from my great great grandmother

  a couple months ago my grandmother gave me a candy dish that belonged to her grandmother or my great great grandmother.  its so pretty but needed to be polished badly (i researched, its from the very late 1800s according to the mark on the bottom)....its amazing what some silver polish can do!  i still need to get a polishing cloth because it still needs a little more work... but still, big difference in 5 minutes :)



also, i have 2 fun baking jobs this month!  cant wait to share :)

7 comments:

  1. Great site! Following on Friday Blog Hop!
    http://Renee-joyjourney.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE it!! Thanks for linking up at Sassy Sites for our ffa party! Have a wonderful weekend! xoxo!!

    -Marni

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I just landed here from Boost My Blog FridayBlog Hop. I'm a brand new follower.

    What a wonderful treasure for you to have and pass on.

    Bella Vida by Letty
    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super Cute blog!! :) I am your newest follower! I will definitely be keeping an eye on your blog to learn new things!! If you would like to take a look at my blog that would be wonderful and follow me back! For-The-Luv-Of.blogspot.com Look out for some giveaways also like mineral make-up. I am new to this but excited to share ideas on yummy food!
    Thanks,
    Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks fantastic! I need to polish some silver here too. I need some polish though...and I keep forgetting to buy it. Thanks for linking up this week at Mod Mix Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! What a difference!! It's so cute!! Thanks for stopping by my blog today! :)

    ReplyDelete

let me know what you think :)