Saturday, January 22, 2011

My kinda new patio furniture :)


my boyfriend's parents just got new patio furniture. this ended up being extremely convenient for me seeing as they were throwing away their old set! i asked if i could have the chairs (my patio is too tiny for a 5' diameter round table) and they said yes :)

the chairs needed A LOT of work due to how rusted they had become but i'm not afraid of a little hard work :) espicially when i'm getting patio furniture for FREE! i did not realize how expensive patio furniture was until i had to buy some, haha.



Here's what they look like...you cant tell in this pick but they were reaaaaaaaaally rusted.


here's a zoomed in shot of the quality:


i went to home depot and got some rust remover...which by the way, SUCKS! i'm pretty sure no rust was removed at all! so i had to sand all the rust away...for hoooooooours! took forever between the 4 chairs. once they were sanded i sprayed them with some rustolium paint and they looked good as new!

Here's how they came out!

next up i ordered cusions and they were ready for my patio



I still have to order an umbrella and the outdoor area rug i have in mind.

16 comments:

  1. Great transformation! Love the green color you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them! Patio furniture is soooo expensive! Do you know what the name of the color is?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a new follower to your blog from the Social Parade Friday Blog Hop. Nice Blog. I'm hoping to meet new friends and gain some new followers so if you have a minute please stop by and follow back.
    http://alittleoftheother.com

    Have a super week,
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute!! I just spent my whole day sanding too, so hearing your story... I completely feel your pain! hahaha :) Great look on the new-to-you chairs!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. The chairs came out great! Very nice job.

    ~ Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. the chairs turned out great. i did some and they were really rusted... tough work. im posting mine in the spring

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's great! If you have not been by yet, make sure you enter my linky contest! The best of January 2011 will be showered with prizes! I also have some great Valentines giveaways going on right now!

    http://www.thesaturdaymorningsblog.com/2011/01/strut-your-stuff-link-up-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am always looking for great frugal ways to spruce up my house and your ideas are great. I am your newest follower through welcome wednesday and I hope you will stop by and follow me at www.skinnyonadime.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those look great! All your hard work really paid off!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The patio chairs looks brand new. Well done, you did a good job. Love the color you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome! You just gotta love that Rustoleum!

    Stop by my blog, if you want; I have a giveaway going at the moment..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous job! I HATE sanding furniture, so I am in awe of you right now...
    Thanks for linking up to Making It With Allie! I can't wait to see what you have for next week!
    AllieMakes.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, they look fresh like one of those typical iron chairs in patios. At least, all those hard work paid off. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  14. They look like a newly purchased one, nice choice of color, well green is one of the perfect color for patio.

    ReplyDelete

let me know what you think :)