Sunday, August 15, 2010

Roaring 20s party...and cake! :)

Hey everyone, just got back from a reaaaaaally fun party! My friends Sarah and Bart had another theme party, this time it was the roaring 20s. Here are some photos of how i made the cake. Since i've already done lots of fondant tutorials, i'll skip to the decorating part :)

first up, flapper fringe for the cake! All you have to do is roll out the fondant, cut a strip and begin cutting little slits....when you're done, add it to the cake with water

i added it onto the cake in 2 pieces to avoid the crease where the two meet

cut out some squares for the diamonds

they were a little too wide for what i wanted so i trimmed them down

move the fringe around so it seems like there's movement

Ta-Da! its done :) i got those feathers at Micheals in the masquerade section. I made the numbers at work and doused them some black glitter.

No 20s costume is complete without a facny cigarette holder...but i gotta keep the lungs clean so i bought some fake ciggs :)

Here is Sarah posing with her cake! She LOVED it, that made me really happy :)

that's me!

one last one of my best friend Ginny and i.....pretty fab

I love making cakes for friends because i get to go to the fun party! :) i highly recommend a roaring 20s party. There were signature cocktails and gambling in the "speak easy" room ....lots of fun music too! we had a blast :) HAPPY BIRTHDAY SARAH!!!

Let me know what you guys think :) one more of my flapper baby:

I was featured again!! :D

The Girl Creative


  1. Jacki that turned out so cute!! Looks like everyone had a great time. Good job girl :)

  2. Stopping by from Mingle Monday. Amazing cake! Love your blog. I'm a DIY-er too. Come visit.

  3. Very cute idea! I'm a new follower from Just Something I Whipped Up.


  4. Great cake - looks like a great party. I am sure everyone had a great time with that fun theme!

    Party and Entertaining Inspiration

  5. What a fun party and beautiful cake. You did a great job! I love theme parties when you get people to participate. LOVE your flapper baby!

  6. OMG! What a great party theme idea!! Love it!! Great job on the cake too! And you dog! Looks like something I would do to my dog! LOL

  7. Super fun! I love theme parties! A friend and I are currently organizing a classy party (not really a theme party, but over the top!) The fringe on the cake is awesome

  8. What a fantastic looking cake, so creative...

    I am you newest follower.
    I would love it, if you would come visit me at Storytime Under the Stars.

  9. Very cute!
    I love the roaring twenties!!

  10. Very cute! I've never seen fake cigs before! TOO funny! I think the cake turned out great!

    ...visiting from Sassy Sites! I am a follower! Come by my blog and say HI! :)
    (you have a very Sassy Site!)

  11. The cake is so cute! New follower from mingle monday.

  12. How fun! That is adorable. I hope you don't mind me posting a link to Facebook so my mom can check it pout :) Hope you have a wonderful day! Be sure to visit my blog for a great giveaway!

    ***Visit my blog for a GIVEAWAY and new linking party!***

  13. That is amazing! I made a cake using fondant this weekend and the bow fell. I was nearly in tears over it! Oh well. Do you ever have trouble with fondant setting up or am I the only one? :)

  14. super fun! love the costume..
    Thanks for linking up to "AP Tuesdays!" Would you mind relinking under the "Flexible Themed" area? I have 2 areas to link up to, it is a bit confusing, but the post explains. Thanks!

  15. That cake is awesome. What a fun looking party!

  16. What an amazing cake! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Anything Related!

  17. Love it! Super cute! Thanks for linking up to Mad Skills Monday!

  18. What a great cake for what looked like a super fun party!

  19. visiting from welcome, I'm impressed with your cake design :) SO cute and clever! You have a cute blog and as I read your posts, I'm getting great ideas!

  20. Following you from Welcome Wednesday! Be sure and stop by my blog and return the favor! Blessings to you.

  21. So incredibly cute! love the idea. Found you @ Welcome Wednesday :-)

  22. Oh my gracious, I LOVE this!!! I want a roaring 20's themed birthday for my fortieth (in 5 years, mind you) birthday, and I am so adding this to my favorites. Oh, and I'm becoming a follower too!


  23. Coming to you from Take It From Me blog Hop. If you want another blog hop, I would love it if you would visit mine:

    My blog hop with be up every wednesday! Thanks!

  24. Cute idea! Makes sense when you're still in your 20s. :)

  25. Sooo fun! I LOVE the 20s and have my own flapper costume. Great job on the cake!

  26. What a FUN looking party!! LOVE the cake!!
    Found and Following from Welcome Wednesday!!
    Feel free to come say hi anytime at...

  27. What a great cake and a great theme! The 20's are one of my favorite era's. How fun! I am impressed.
    504 Main

  28. The party looks like it was fun! Love the cake.

    Thanks for linking up to the “Cheap Thrills Thursday” party at Black Kats Design. I hope you had fun and will join in again next Thursday!


  29. What a great party! I love the dog. =) I just clicked over from Tatertots and Jello to say hello.

  30. Beautiful cake! Great party theme!

    Thanks so much for sharing!

    Visiting from Homemaker Mondays

  31. Sucha a great cake! Well done - thanks for sharing.
    Cathy @

  32. Wow! Very impressive!

    Following you now from
    Hope you'll follow me back :)


  33. hi! made it here from Be Different...Act Normal. What a FUN party! I dressed up as a flapper one year for Halloween. It was so much fun! Cake looks de-vine! Have a fun weekend!

  34. The cake is very cute and the fondant fringe is WONDERFUL!

    Thanks for linking up to Show and Tell Saturday!

  35. Hi Jackie! I found your site off of Today’s Creative Blog! I love your craft! You are so talented! I just signed up to be your 195th follower! Woo hoo! I hope you stop by my new blog. I just started it 2 months ago and would love new friends! Please come see me at

  36. Oh my goodness how totally wonderful! I love the cake! I like your blog and am going to come back and read more after I get to everyones on the show and tell link up. Thank you so much for sharing.
    I love being a part of this show and tell!

  37. That's so awesome!
    I LOOOVE theme parties!
    Great job on the cake!
    Looks like you had so much fun.
    Thanks for linking up to Socialize with me Monday til Sunday :)

  38. What a fun cake! I love the vibrant colors!

    Thanks for linking up at

    I hope to see you again on Friday for another Link Party!



let me know what you think :)