Monday, July 19, 2010

Bling collar!


Chloe is starting to outgrow her adorable custom collars I got for her on Etsy :( Definitely should have gotten a size bigger than she needed since she was just a puppy then. I didn’t think that one through did I?! Everyone’s entitled to an airhead moment every now and then....right?! Come on, make me feel better! *hangs head in shame*

Anyways! I was clipping coupons one day and I saw one for the dog food I usually get. It was for a free collar with purchase. This worked out well and came at the perfect time. One problem! It was a pretty boring collar. I’ve been meaning to make her a new one, but I’m always at work. I needed to find a way to make the boring one cute. When I figure out how to make a collar from scratch I’ll post it, till then I will cheat and use one already made.

I ended up buying little pronged jewels that I think are used for embellishing clothing. They were the perfect size and I knew they would make an obnoxiously bling-ed out collar for my little one ;) Chloe is many things, but shy and understated is not one of them. She is a diva and deserves a collar to match her personality.

i removed the 3 inch "jewel" before starting

Place the jewels one by one onto the collar. Fold the prongs back as hard as you can to make sure they’re not sticking out. It should be smooth when you run your hands over the back of the collar. I decided that I would fill the whole collar with bling because that’s the way my pup likes it ;)

I also added a little flower because the collar just wasn’t loud enough, lol. I attached it the same way as the rest of the jewels. I pushed the jewel through to the two flowers and folded the prongs back.

This little project took me 15 minutes and cost me $8. If your dog isn’t as divalicious as mine, you can get simple little studs and ditch the flower. Either way, it’s a really easy project and your dog will love it :)


Here she is posing with her new bling:



Hope you liked my post

Yay, Chlobear and I were featured!! Go visit Fingerprints on the Fridge and Pony Tails and Fish Scales :)




PonyTails and FishScales


31 comments:

  1. Wow, that is so PRETTY! I love it, what a great DIY. It looks like something you'd pay a fortune for. Also, Chloe is the cutest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Michelle, i think she's the cutest too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is the cutest!! And the collar fits her perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am your newest follower from TTA - hope to see you at Dropped Stitches! If I had a dog, it would have to have some bling like this! Fab!

    xo Erin
    droppedstitches72.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed your post- what a great idea. I need a new collar for my boxer pup... maybe I'll have to get creative.

    We're visiting from the blog hop, and are your newest followers! Come on over and say hello to Lucy and I!

    Lucy's Human
    http://lucyshuman.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it - So creative! And your pup obviously loves her new collar, so sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Following you from TTA would love to have you return the favor, if you haven't already, and visit us @
    http://lucasjourneyspd.blogspot.com


    Also please stop back on Friday's and Sunday's to join in our Blog hops we would love to have you link up : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm going to bookmark this one! I am getting a puppy in the Fall and she will need this bling

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just found your blog - and that collar is really cute! I love the little flower :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh what a pretty baby! I love the collar, I have 3 chihuahuas and have always wanted to hand make them collars! :) I never thought about pronged jewels, perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ah..sweet Chloe can come live at my house any day of the week! :)) The idea for her blinged out collar is fabulous! Thanks so much for sharing this. I have a female Shepard/Lab Mix and she's forever prissin' her stuff. Can only imagine how out-of-control she'll be after she's Bejeweled with one of these! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is SOOOOO precious!
    I must make my pup pup one:)
    Thanks bunches for sharing
    xoxo
    bB

    ReplyDelete
  13. OH MY GOODNESS! BOTH the colar and your sweet Chloe are PRECIOUS! SHE totally has 'tude even in her photo pose! I love that! Our female is like that as well. We are definitely here to SERVE HER! LOL So glad I saw this on hope studios!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my goodness, I love these!
    Chloe looks so cute!
    Thank you for sharing!
    Leticia
    www.msbinglesvintagechristmas.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. yay i'm glad everyone likes my little one! i have to agree, she is adorable!!! and her new collar too :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. your so crafty i love it:) i keep saying i'll get a min to tackle mine but...we'll see:) thanks for the inspirations! enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cute collar for Chloe and you have nice nails!

    ReplyDelete
  18. haha thanks Jen, that made me laugh :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Check out www.nallarscollars.com. Super cuter interchangeable collars with covers, just like the switchflops. I bought a collar for my dog and love this because they have really cute patterns and she always has a clean collar. LOVE IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. CUTE! I wonder if I could make this work for my pig's harness without scratching his super delicate skin! Thanks for linking up to Topsy Turvy Tuesdays!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for linking up to the Mad Skills party!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm sooo doing this for my 2 dogs.

    Thanks for joining Get Your Craft on Thursday at Life As Lori!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Well it's adorable...and hey it is NOT purchased in a retail store, so I say the link stays lol! Thanks again. Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  24. I would love if you added my garage salen or my debbiedoos button:)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your little Chloe is so precious! And the collar you made for her is super cute. I don't think our little dog Stanley would like all the bling, but maybe I can figure out a way to make a boyish collar :)

    Can't wait to check out your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh cuteness! I just love it :)

    ~Emily N. from "too Blessed to Stress"

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi... This is such a cute idea! Chloe and her new collar are stylin:-)
    Bella

    ReplyDelete
  28. Chloe looks so pretty, and so proud of her new collar! I will have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Awwww...how cute! I love it and the dog is adorable! Thanks for sharing at It's Party Time Thursday at PonyTails&FishScales!

    ReplyDelete
  30. So cute.....I featured your awesome collar at It's Party Time Thursday at PonyTails&FishScales...grab a button!

    terelauritsen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

let me know what you think :)