Thursday, July 15, 2010

80s party and cupcakes!


My amazing friends Sarah and Bart decided to have an 80s night at their house. It was very last minute, but I love theme parties/hangouts and I HAD to contribute something fun. I immediately knew that I wanted to make 80s themed cupcakes. Red velvet cupcakes in particular. Sarah made the cupcakes while I got ready and I made the icing while she got ready. Did I mention that my cream cheese icing recipe is the greatest ever?! It's true, ask anyone ;)

So when it came to the fondant decorations, I only had 1 hour to make them! I'm a perfectionist so I'm not thrilled with how the rubix cubes came out. I just didn’t have time to make it look as perfect as I would have liked. BUT, they were a hit none the less :)



My boyfriend Pablo and I went to goodwill super store for our costumes. I spent a total of $6 on my black spandex unitard and the gold/black sequenced top. Pablo only spent $4 on his womens ski jacket, I had that wig/sweatband in my house for whatever reason, haha.

We had a great time singing, dancing, and playing 80s rockband!

Oh and here is the cream cheese recipe (It makes a good amount of icing. You can cut in half if you'd like.)

• 1 pound cream cheese
• 2 sticks unsalted butter
• 3/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
• 1/4 teaspoon pure almond extract
• 1 pound confectioners’ sugar


Photobucket

25 comments:

  1. These are really cute! I'll have to make some for my next 80's party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! 80's parties are the best. You guys looked great :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable! I love the Mrs. Pacman!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those cupcakes are awesome! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW I have to say I LOVE the MTV cupcakes, you have some great talent there! Thanks for stopping by The Ordinary Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. No way!! Only 1 hour?! That is amazing! I am going to have to try out this recipe, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ridiculously awesome cupcakes! Bet it was a great party!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Totally cute and I LOVE THE 80s!! Jen-SheEndeavors

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks so much everyone!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute cupcakes, I'll bet everyone had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are awesome! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm a new follower. http://moogieland.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your cupcakes look really great! My kids would get a kick out of them. Stopping by for Welcome Wed. I'm now a follower. Hope to see you at Vivianne's Vista.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stopping by WW. Your cupcakes look so yummy and I love the PacMan throw back! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Jackie-
    very cool party idea, being a child of the 80s I think this was a great idea love the cookies

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the cupcakes! Found you on Welcome Wednesday...looking forward to reading your blog!

    http://leluga.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. they look great im your newest follower from the blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  18. hahahahah those are so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. oh how i ♥ the 80's :)
    these cupcakes are darling! so creative!!

    *come take a looksy at my blog to if you'd like :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I've been wanting to have an 80's prom theme party...this looks like so much fun.


    heather

    ReplyDelete
  21. Now I want to have an 80's party just so I can make these! Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the 80's!!! What fun cupcakes...

    Thanks for joining Get Your Craft on Thursday at Life As Lori!

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a fun party! And the cupcakes look great! Thanks for joining in the fun at Cupcake Tuesday!
    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a cool idea! I love all things 80's so now I feel the need to throw an 80's party and make these cupcakes! They look awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete

let me know what you think :)