Sunday, July 18, 2010

3 ingredient truffles

Today my brother was having a BBQ at his place, and naturally I was ordered to make desserts. I decided to make my famous truffles. People have told me my truffles are a God given talent, lol. A litte dramatic perhaps?! Little do they know, there are only 3 ingredients and NONE of them are anything groundbreaking :)

What you need to buy:

****You actually need 2 boxes of baker's chocolate


The first thing you need to do is get your food processor out and set aside 8 Oreo. You will not be using these 8 cookies. Crush the remaining cookies until you have lots of Oreo crumbs. Mix the crumbs with one 8 ounce block of cream cheese until well blended. Next, shape the mixture into 45- 50 one inch balls. I suggest putting them in the freezer to harden before going to the next step. It makes life a lot easier and less messy!

While the insides of your truffles are hardening in the freezer, start chopping! Chopping up the chocolate makes it much easier to melt evenly. I put all of my chocolate into a bowl and microwave for 1 minute. Take it out, stir it, and put it back in for 1 more minute. It should be completely melted at this point.


Now its time for the dipping! Start dipping your truffles into the melted chocolate, make sure you completely cover them. Take 2 forks and lift them up one by one and let the chocolate drip off (I use the sides of the bowl to wipe the bottom of the fork. That way, there's no dripping chocolate when you transfer them out of the bowl). Place your chocolate dipped truffles on to wax or parchment paper to avoid sticking.

You can use those leftover 8 cookies for garnish at this point if you'd like. Just crush and sprinkle. I personally like to use the excess chocolate and dip my fork in and drizzle back and forth in rapid movements. It looks a little fancier that way ;)

I forgot to take a pic of the finished product, oops. There were only 3 that didn't fit into my container, so they were still here when I got back home. I took a picture of the 3 rejects that weren't as cute as the rest, haha. Here they are! NONE were left after the BBQ and EVERYONE thought i was gifted ;)


Ta da! If you make them you HAVE to let me know what you think!

40 comments:

  1. I just made these a few days ago... they are my FAVORITE! I can't make them too often because I eat most of them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No way. If I wasn't dieting I'd be making those tonight!! Thanks for the recipe. I have a feeling I'll utilize it over the holidays. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. great tutorial, lovely project.

    i am inviting you to link it up at our DIY TUTORIAL linky party http://www.finecraftguild.com/diy-tutorial-linky-party-6/
    so our readers can find you and your scrumptuous chocolates!

    weekly linky, so you can come back every week with some tutorials and we’d love to feature you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you Rose, i will definitely link up to your party :) thanks for sharing, i'm new so i like getting people over here <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I will definitely be making these! Thanks so much for the recipe! I'm visiting with MMM, hope you visit me too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I cannot believe how easy these are. Easy and impressing others...my kinda recipe. :) Lisa~

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've made these before. They are delicious but yours turned out much prettier than mine! They were UGLY but tasted oh so good!

    Hannah
    http://youngancrafty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my! Those easy little treats look incredibly delicious. Thank you so much for sharing. Found you on Sugar Bee. Following you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm having a party Wednesday night and was trying to think of something chocolaty but finger foodish to make...these are PERFECT! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, I am a new follower from Tag Along Tuesday. I look forward to reading your posts, and trying this recipe!

    Please visit my blog,
    http://shining2save.blogspot.com

    Thanks, Shining2Save

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great idea! I will definitely use this one! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  12. I make these, too - SOOO simple, and so delicious. I love 'em chilled and super cold! I like to sprinkle some fun decorations on them during the holidays and give them as gifts :) I love finding fellow Truffle-holics!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've had these before but never made them. Great recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dangerously easy! Thanks for sharing!

    jen @ messhalltobistro.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Saying hi from NFF...and drooling over these! I had some over Christmas during a cookie exchange. Now I think it's time for Xmas in July so we need some more!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi!
    I found your blog on Just A Girl and these look amazing! I will definitely be trying them! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are fantastic. You MUST try them with melted MINT chips drizzled on top. Also, I just use chocolate chips to dip them in cuz I always have those on hand.

    ReplyDelete
  18. thanks for the suggestion, i'll try the mint drizzle next time :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Satan get behind thee! Oh my goodness these look good. I've seen them before and I'm scared that if I make them I might not be able to stop eating them! Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Stopping over from Weekend Wrap up..these look soo good. A good thing to give out at the holidays as a sweet gift.

    heather

    ReplyDelete
  21. I make those a lot around here, but we dip them in white chocolate! Ill have to try your way next time =)

    Becky
    mrsbettierocker.blogspot.com

    visiting from Weekend Wrap Up @ Tatertots & Jello

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am SO going to make these! Now... I can borrow a food processer from my friend next door (I have done it before in a pinch) but do you think my mixer would work?

    Either way, I'll be making these truffles and letting you know how it turned out! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love oreo truffles. The mint oreo's make good truffles too! Thanks for linking up to Topsy Turvy Tuesdays!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Looks wonderful, can't wait to try these out!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks for linking up to the Mad Skills party!

    ReplyDelete
  26. all i can say is YUM!!
    i've made these before but they didn't turn out quite so pretty. your recipe seems easier, so i'm gonna try it! thanks for sharing :)

    and come check out my blog too if you'd like.

    ReplyDelete
  27. This was one of my favorite projects from last week's Mad Skills party, so I will be featuring it tomorrow morning!

    madincrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Do you remove the icing between the cookies and just crush the cookies? Or do you crush cookies - icing and all?

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh boy! I'm going to make these to bring to a meeting. Thanks for the receipe!

    Su-sieee! Mac
    This and That. Here and There. Now, Sometimes Then.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I used your recipe for Halloween treats and blogged it here: http://happycakecrafts.blogspot.com/2010/10/happy-halloween.html
    Thanks for sharing your yummy idea!

    ReplyDelete
  31. WOW, easy and looks great...I will be making these for our VD Party for sure! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  32. This looks so yummy! I am going to feature it on Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I like truffles!!
    I would love if you link this or your fav post in my party on the 1st! You can win a feature for 1 month on my side bar!
    Grab a button to remember!
    http://lechateaudesfleurs.blogspot.com/2011/04/grab-button.html
    XOXO
    Frenchy

    ReplyDelete
  34. WOW! i have got to try these! & i will totally tell ya how they go over ;) thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Making these for my process speech! WOOHOO!!

    ReplyDelete

let me know what you think :)